Thursday, August 21, 2008

a little patch of heaven

i LOVE my bed! it's a spring air with a pillow top...firm underneath + soft on top = perfection! we made our headboard out of an old door, and i found those zany pillows at TJ MAX {love that store!} at night i absolutely love climbing into a made bed {for this reason i make my bed almost every morning, even if i do nothing else}, into cool sheets, and under my goose down comforter! my body instantly relaxes and an audible sigh escapes my lips. then i grab my latest book on my nightstand and read until my eyelids become heavy. then comes morning where my kiddos come in {yes, i know i'm pathetic...my kids wake me up}, and say, every morning, "good morning mama". they used to come in and whine for chocolate milk or to turn on cartoons, but it was driving me cRaZy! so, matt had a talk to them and told them to come in and wake mommy up in a nice way...now i LOVE waking up. then usually they end up in my bed for about 15 minutes just snuggling and giggling with me. then, i make my bed with the kids in it, and they carefully climb out so they don't "mess it up". i think when i look back to having small children, mornings will forever be a warm memory to my soul!

8 comments:

The Skinners said...

your bed is beautiful! not that i am surprised. i should hire you as an interior decorator for when we buy a house in who-knows-how-long. and i also LOVE the mornings when i get madison out of her crib and she will snuggle in bed for a little while. isn't being a mom the greatest?

Jake & Sarah Salmon said...

Your bed looks so soft & your description of reading your wonderful book until your eyelids get heavy is making me sleepy! I just want to crawl up in your bed :) I love how you always jazz up your pics..it makes them look so neat! I would love to get that program someday! Anyway, miss you guys!

danahollis said...

Ooh... very cozy!

Such a pretty room!

Jodi said...

That picture looks like something out of a Martha Stewart Magazine- Beautiful!!

Sarah Britt said...

I know how you feel I am in love with my bed. It is my favorite spot in the house.

♥Tami said...

I love that! Very creative with the door.

Kristi said...

This is so so sweet! :o)

Carma Lee said...

I always make my bed too. When the kids were little they would climb in the bed and then I'd pretend not to know they were there. I'd pull the cover over them and say, "Oh! My bed has lumps in it!" Or, "Oh, my bed is full of bugs! I better smash them!" And I'd push on them making them bounce or tickle them pretending to try and push the bugs out. They'd giggle and wiggle and then crawl out with giant smiles on their faces. Great way to start the day! We also snuggled under the covers sometimes to read. 5 or 6 kids and a mom in a king size bed with a book is snuggly, cozy, and gives you "warm fuzzies!"