Sunday, May 8, 2011

To All the Mothers

Few of us will reach our potential without the nurturing of both the mother who bore us and the mothers who bear with us. – Sheri L. Dew
{Thanks Tracy for the great quote!}

I have many mothers/grandmothers in my life and love each of them. I truly feel the Lord has given me a legacy of wonderful women to follow in their footsteps. Moving away has also given me the opportunity to love and look to as an example many other mother figures in my life. My own mother is amazing. My husband's mother is wonderful. We grew up in the arms of great women. I agree with Abe Lincoln who said,

All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.

My little chickadees {and husband} made me feel so special today. I received some handmade gifts, beautiful flowers, sunshine, and a wonderful meal {flank steak, caesar salad, and texas sheet cake...all my favorite}. They are good to me.


J wants to make this recipe with me.
Mmmmm...10 cups of chocolate! He's a boy after my own heart!

G made sure I didn't check her backpack for the last couple of days. She is so proud of her writing and spelling and so am I!!

Sammy brought this to me after nursery today at church and said, "Momma, hand."
I miss you when we're not together, I'm growing up so fast.
See how big I've gotten since you saw me last?
As I grow, I'll change a lot, the years will fly right by.
You'll wonder how I grew so quick... when, and where, and why?
So look upon this hand print that's hanging on your wall,
And memories will come back of me when I was very small.

No comments: